October 12, 2009

Witch and wizard paper craft

Paper craft witch and wizard

Many of my readers celebrate Halloween, so I thought I'd post something related. Do you like these cute witch and wizard? They can be made out of paper withing a very short time. Actually, you can make any figure following the same principal: create a paper cone, cut out and attach arms and hands, then just decorate and add attributes and accessories. For the wizards it's a magical wizard hat and Turkish shoes, for the witch it's also a broomstick. Got it? Well, I'll try to make some order:

  1. Take a square sheet of paper and roll a paper cone.
  2. Glue the outer edge down.
  3. Cut off excess edge at the open end so that the cone can stand.
  4. Cut out a wide flat paper ring for the hat brim and pull it over the closed end of the cone.
  5. Cut out and attach arms and hands.
  6. Do the same for the shoes.
  7. Decorate.

As you can see, the witch has curly hair made from paper strips curled around a thin stick (a toothpick, for instance).

To make a broomstick prepare a fringe (make cuts along the edge of a paper rectangle), glue its end to a twig, roll around the twig and glue down the other end.

Believe me, children enjoy both making the paper dolls and playing with them.

And what about the bat? It's my beloved paper quilling :).

Quilled bat

I posted the instructions for it in the post "Quilling bat for Halloween crafts". After being photographed, the bat can become a part of a Halloween greeting card :)

Talking of Halloween, have you seen my creepy spider? And another one made of pompoms? There's even a spider cake!

3 comments:

BIKY said...

As always iw fantastic

In my blog katelovegreg i give two gifts to the readers who live a comment in that post

1.A magize ( for a year) for kids which i write on it
2. the second winner 3 finger puppets

If you want live a comment so if you win i'll sent you the puppets for your kids

Thank you

Charlotte said...

Inna -- I really like your bat! I have tried husking, but not often enough to be good at it. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Inna D. said...

Thanks, Charlotte!